The program for ICHIM07 was selected by a committee of international experts in cultural informatics. The Program Committee reviewed all proposals and makes selections based on quality and balance. Decisions of the Committee were final.
ICHIM07 Program Committee
- Co-Chairs: David Bearman and Jennifer Trant, Archives & Museum Informatics
- Maxwell L. Anderson, The Melvin & Bren Simon Director and CEO, Indianapolis Museum of Art, USA
- David Arnold, Dean of Faculty, University of Brighton, UK
- Liam Bannon, Professor, University of Limerick, Ireland
- Jean François Chougnet, Director, Berardo Museum of Contemporary Art, Portugal
- Costis Dallas, Research Fellow, Digital Curation Unit, Athena Research Centre and Lecturer in Cultural Heritage Informatics, Panteion University, Greece
- David Dawson, Senior Policy Adviser (Digital Futures), MLA, UK
- Sara Diamond, President, Ontario College of Art and Design, Canada
- Wendy Duff, Associate Professor, University of Toronto, Canada
- Franca Garzotto, Associate Professor, Politecnico di Milano, Italy
- Kati Geber, Business Improvement and Strategic Advice, Services Canada, Canada
- Margaret Hedstrom, Associate Professor, University of Michigan, USA
- Mark Jones, Director, Victoria & Albert Museum, UK
- Harald Kraemer, Director of Artcampus, University of Berne, Switzerland
- Otmar Moritsch, Curator, Technisches Museum Wien, Austria
- Peter Sigmond, Director of Collections, Rijksmuseum, The Netherlands
- Jane Sledge, Associate Director for Museum Assets and Operations, National Museum of the American Indian, USA
- Kevin Sumption, Associate Director, Powerhouse Museum, Australia
- Jutta Treviranus, Director ATRC, University of Toronto, Canada
- Nicole Vallières, Director, Knowledge and Collections Management, McCord Museum, Canada
- Christabel Wright, Manager, New Media, Dept of Communications, IT and Arts, Australia
Local Arrangements Committee
- Wendy Duff, Faculty of Information Science, University of Toronto
- Jessica Koepfler, Museum Studies, University of Toronto
- Brian Porter, Royal Ontario Museum
- Ian Rubenzahl, Art Gallery of Ontario
- Jutta Treviranus, University of Toronto, Canada
- Kevin Von Appen, Ontario Science Centre
We rely on the support of other organizations to bring ICHIM07 to Toronto and to make it the experience that it is. Our thanks to:
- All the host institutions for the Pre-Conference Tours.
- The University of Toronto, Faculty of Information Studies for sponsoring the Welcome Reception.
- The Department of Canadian Heritage of the Government of Canada for providing support to enable Directors of Canadian museums to attend ICHIM07 and to assist with the translation of plenary sessions.
- The MaRS Centre for assistance with audio-visual technology and making extra space available for ICHIM small group sessions.